Little Eagles Academy acknowledges a number of holidays throughout the year. The center will be closed on these days:
Labor Day - September 3, 2018
Veteran's Day - November 12, 2018
Thanksgiving - November 22 & 23, 2018
Christmas- December 24,25 &26, 2018
New Years - January 1, 2019
Martin Luther King Jr. Day - January 21, 2019
Good Friday-April 19, 2019
Easter Monday -April 22, 2019
Memorial Day - May 27, 2019
July 4th - July 4, 2019
Flu Season is Coming!
As flu season is approaching, the first policy we would like to highlight Little Eagles Academy's Illness Policy.
According to NC Division of Child Development and Early Education in conjunction with the Health Department regulations, children will not be allowed to attend the center if they exhibit the following symptoms. Please make arrangements to keep your child home if they have a(n):
· Fahrenheit temperature of 101 degrees or over, until 24 hours fever free.
· Respiratory Synctyial Virus (RSV), until 3 days after diagnosis.
· Strep throat, until 24 hours after treatment has started.
· Two or more episodes of vomiting within a 12 hour period, for 24 hours from time of last episode.
· A red eye with white or yellow discharge until 24 hours after treatment.
· Sudden onset of diarrhea characterized by an increased number of bowel movements (2 loose bowel movements) compared to the child’s normal pattern and with increased stool water, for 24 hours after last episode.
· When a physician or other health professional issues a written order that the child be separated from other children.
Children must be fever free and/or symptom free without the use of medication for 24 hours before returning to child care.
No child shall be permitted to attend if there is evidence of an infectious or contagious illness. Refer to Appendix A from Caring for Our Children for description of these illnesses and their recommended period of separation from other children.
Please refer to your parent handbook for more information on the illness policy.
Refer to the parent handbook to review all center policies!
Here are some basic guidelines that we follow at the Little Eagles Academy. We have set-up these rules to ensure that our day flows as smoothly as possible.
1) Morning snack is served at 8:30 am and is over by 9:00 am. If you wish for your child to eat, then he/she needs to be in the classroom by 8:15 am.
2) Daily attendance and lunch counts are taken at 9:00 am. If you are going to arrive later than 9:00 am, you must call by 9:00 am and let us know in order for your child to be counted for lunch or you will need to provide a lunch for them. We wish for all children to be in the classroom by 10:00 am. We enjoy a very structured, planned schedule and in order for your child to receive the benefits of group play, circle time, art and all other themed activities, he/she needs to be at school by 10:00 am.
Thank you for your corporation in these matters. We wish to keep all of our little ones well and happy here at the Little Eagles Academy.